Today I went on my 2nd grocery shopping trip with coupons. I went to Farm Fresh, on Wednesdays they double coupons up to a $1. I bought:
16 jars Beechnut baby food
1 Beechnut toddler meal (2 pack mac & cheese)
4 boxes poptarts
2 boxes Frosted Flakes
2 boxes Special K breakfast bars
2 packages Hebrew National Hot Dogs
1 pot roast
1 palermos pizza
l whole milk
1 Secret Deodorant
1 Always pads
1 Crest toothpaste
1 Renu contact solution
total spent: $24.84
total saved: $51.50 (coupons & $24 gift card)
The only things I didn't have a coupon for were the milk and pot roast meat. Everything else I was able to use a coupon. I lucked out on the contact solution, I had a $1 coupon which doubled to $2 and then on the box it had a $2 off coupon and I was able to use both! I'm getting the hang of this. And this time I was a little more organized and had my list and coupons ready. It does take a little more time planning, mapping out your trips and clipping the coupons but so far it seems to be worth it. Combining my Harris Teeter trip with this Farm Fresh trip, I have spent $122.66 with a savings of $108.43. Once I get the swing of things at the grocery stores I'm gonna try the drug stores next. I've read that you can save crazy money there too. One step at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment